Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Time for Thanks...Or Not

Thanksgiving's coming up, and I'm once again surprised to see that there are already commercials put up for Christmas celebration and specials at stores and everything. Mind you, I've been seeing these commercials since right after Halloween. What the hell?

Is Christmas really that big that it just overshadows the other holidays preceding it? I have to say, this is really fucked up. I know that this is all done for the holiday sales and everything, but jeebus! Right after Halloween? Are you kidding me?!

Also, what is up with disney making yet again another remake of A Christmas Carol?! That movie has more remakes than King Kong. Well, at least this happens once every decade (by the looks of it) and not every single fuckign year. For that, you have Broadway.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should give Thanksgiving some credit, since it does come before Christmas and is the times that we should give thanks. Some of you might save the giving of thanks for Christmas dinner, but it's really around Thanksgiving. Christmas should just stay as the holiday where we all get some cool shit ffor gifts. Or crappy, depends on what the gift is.

Hmm, I guess I'm done with the ranting now. Happy holidays!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment